Sagar was introduced to yoga when he was 9 years old, and coached by international yoga champion and international yoga coach Chandrakant Pangare. His training drew heavily from yoga legends such as BKS Iyengar, Dr Sharadchandra Bhalekar(Kaivlyadham, Lonavala), and Dr Vishwas Mandlik(Yoga Vidya Gurukul, Nashik).
Sagar represented his school, university, and state team in hundreds of yoga championship, competitions, bringing home many medals and championship titles for the Maharashtra state and Pune teams. Highlights from these competitions include a gold medal at the international yoga Olympiad in Svyasa, Bangalore and a “Champion of Champions” international yoga award, Mauritius.
Sagar has also won several awards for contributions to the sport of yoga: the Yoga Samrat(yoga king) award, Yoga Ratna award and player of the year for 3 consecutive years (2009 – 2011). Recently, he also represented Singapore in the Asian Yoga Championships in 2018, bagging three gold medals for Singapore.
He and his classes have a unique blend of modern as well as traditional approaches to yoga.
In his teachings, he keeps scientific approaches to yoga and helps to improvise his students mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually and socially. He also conducted various workshops in Vietnam for California fitness & yoga, in Singapore for True yoga also at National and International conferences in many other parts of the world.
Sagar loves helping his members to achieve their mental and physical goals by using the techniques he learned from his many international coaches and friends throughout his glorious yoga career since 1998.
Despite his advanced knowledge and practice, Sagar enjoys teaching yoga at all levels.
He is also a great student of Ayurveda, which makes him a great dietitian and lifestyle expert too.
Sagar believes that before teaching any pose, he must experience himself first. His classes combine strength, balance, flexibility and are made interesting and relaxing with fun & intelligent sequencing and smooth music.
- International certified yoga referee (2018)
- Diploma in advanced yoga (2012)
- Diploma in yoga & Ayurveda education(2011)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Pune University
- Certificate of Merit(2 Gold medals) in 3rd National Yoga Competition 2019. (Yogaasana and Artistic Solo)
- Certificate of Merit(2 Gold medals) in 1st National Yoga Sports Competition 2017(Yogaasana and Artistic Pair)
- Certificate of Merit(2 Gold medals) in 7th Asian Yoga Sports Championship 2017 (Yogaasana and Artistic Pair)
- Certification of Training from Pune district fitness and yoga institute